On 02/20/2011 09:26 AM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:
On 02/20/2011 03:49 AM, Paolo wrote:
Hallo,

I recently switched from OO 3.2 to LibreOffice 3.3 (Ubuntu Linux).
I use the Word 97/2000 format for interoperability with others.

Nearly everything seems to work more or less as before.

There is one annoying difference: before, when I saved a document in Web layout and then reopened it, it stayed in Web layout (or am I dreaming?). Now, when I save it in Web layout and reopen it, it reverts to Print layout. The issue does not occur if I use the .odt format, just the .doc format.

Anything that I can do about this?

I would be happy, for example, to simply fix "Web layout" as the default view for all documents. Indeed I really don't know why LibreOffice doesn't do this anyway - you are able to see so much more on the screen!

- any help gratefully received,
Paolo

Let me get this straight, you are creating a document that looks like a web page and saving it under the .doc file extension. When you save it under the .odt extension the Web layout is kept, but the .doc does not keep it.

I also have Ubuntu, so I will see if I can replicate this on my system.

OK I see what you mean. ".doc" does not save the document view "style". I took you email text and saved it under .doc, .odt, and .html while viewing the text in "Web Page" mode. I do not know why .doc does not save the page viewing information. It may default seeing the page as a portrait page not "web page" view which looks much line landscape to me. In the page setup, the default page style is portrait even with the "web page" view style.