On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

:

Yes, "on your way down" and "delete that which is not needed" and "Going back
and proofreading" do all take time and require effort that top-posting doesn't
require.  you might only have a 'small' amount of emails to deal with and 'ample
time' but office workers get hassled if they 'waste time' in that sort of way
unless they are sufficiently high-up in which case they are not going to follow
rules set by some outsider that has no impact on their pay-packet.

The above reply displays a complete and utter disregard for anything
remotely approaching netiquette.

ANY reply deserves to be proofread - if you're going to take the time
to write it, you ought to read it.

The rest is just disrepectful crap - if you're going to help people,
do it well.  If that's too much trouble, don't do it at all.

I routinely process 200-300 emails a day in addition to my full-time
job, so I don't need lectures on what value to place on my time.  I
participate in these discussions to assist those who need it,
sometimes to guide those who don't know how, sometimes more sharply
than others, but clearly some ingrates aren't worth the effort.