I don't have a lot of time to rehash all the details in these old issues, but
recently, I gave up again trying to use it.

Since about 2006, I have tried to get Base to work as a database - simple as
that - in Linux. The last time, I had to get some Java programs to get the
basic HQSL to function, but then I had another layer of issues about
"non-nullables", and I gave up again.  All Ireally wanted was to put my
address book into a database!

As anyone can see, there are some serious flaws in the usability and
documentation of this program, and it still can not (for me at least) even
repalce 1987's dBaseII for DOS!

You can see a few of my recent posts in the ooforum.org links, and note
there that I am not the only one who finds this a fatal flaw. The other
links are what limited references I gathered to try to make sense of Base -
to no avail.

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=396523#396523
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=25060
http://inpics.net/tutorials/base2/basics63.html

http://sheepdogguides.com/fdb/fdb1main.htm

http://www.pitonyak.org/database/

http://inpics.net/base.html

http://www.kaaredyret.dk/openoffice_links.html

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Base

Let's get the database part of LO correct, this time, finally, so it can be
a "drop-in" for, at least, an old Ashton-Tate product, and maybe, just
maybe, for a current Microsoft one, too?

Thank you!
MRK