Hi :)

Yes, it is very much the same in Windows except that when you right-click on an
appropriate file you usually have to choose "Properties" from the bottom of the
right-click menu before you get to see the "Open With ..".  It depends on which
release tho.  Xp works that way i think but Vista the option is there
straight-away i think.

Windows likes to hide file-endings (such as "sxw" or ".doc" or whatever) but you
can force it to show them.

Open any folder.  The window that contains the folders, files on the right and
possibly has a split-off section on the left showing places or the explorer-tree
is called a "File browser".  This has a menu-bar at the top.  Choose

Tools - Options
then, in the pop-up, scroll down until you see "hide file extensions of well
known file types" or something like that. UNtick it and then click the "Apply"
or "Ok" button.

Regards from
Tom :)