Hi :)

Being bad-practice does not stop things from wide-scale adoption.  If we want to
marginalise ourselves and become increasingly irrelevant then making a stand
about this and other issues makes sense.  If, on the other hand, we want to be
wisely used in the mainstream then we will have to adopt many appalling
prospects such as ".docx" formats.  Best-practice is something we aim for when
we can but it's not always practical.

In this case of DPI & pixels as measurements i think we have to accept the
measurement as defined by MicroSoft rather than the slightly more sensible Mac
definitions.

Regards from
Tom :)