Apinder Singh <apinder.in <at> gmail.com> writes:

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Mark <mhullrich <at> gmail.com> wrote:

I just tried to run a spell check in LO and it would not run - well,
actually it opened up, said it was done and asked if I wanted to
continue from the beginning of the document, but whether I say yes or
no, it just closes without checking anything.

When I looked in the options for languages, there was no language
setting for my document and I couldn't get it to take one, either.

What's up there?

Mark

It was the same for me. On Ubuntu I installed "myspell-en-gb" and then in Tools
- Options - Language Settings - Writing Aids I selected the Hunspell Spell
Checker and disabled LanguageTool. It works fine now.

Gary