[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-marketing] Feature comparison wiki page now uses Translate extension
- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] Feature comparison wiki page now uses Translate extension
- From: Ilmari Lauhakangas <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 14:00:29 +0300
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Perhaps the most complex translatable page in our wiki now uses Translate extension: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_Microsoft_Office
The change is unfortunately disruptive for the languages that had the most complete translations (sorry, Japanese team!). There is no point in using the migration tool, because the translations have been broken into smaller units. Please pick the earlier version from the version history and copy translated content from it.
To make things a bit less painful, I will add some often-repeated translations (yes/no/supported/not supported) for es, fr, ja, ko, ru, sl, tr, zh-tw and zh-hans. I would already have done it, but our server infrastructure is experiencing problems that prevent working on the wiki. So please let me do these first.
As a positive thing, the translations are now in smaller units, so there will be less annoying wiki markup for the translators to see while they work. I scripted the addition of <translate> elements to table cells and manually did the rest. I did not aim for a 100% perfectionist approach, because it would have been too much work.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Speaking ot OggCamp
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Feature comparison wiki page now uses Translate extension
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Speaking ot OggCamp
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Feature comparison wiki page now uses Translate extension