[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon
- From: Andrea Pescetti <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:33:02 +0100
- To: email@example.com
Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
> You were at FOSDEM?
Sure. I spent a good couple of hours at the nice LibreOffice booth on
Saturday for what was meant to be a quick chat with Italo (Italians, you
know...), but I didn't manage to attend the track on Sunday since I was
giving two presentations at the co-located DrupalDevDays event.
> There will be no OOoCON in Paris in 2011, at least none that I would be
> organizing. And please remember that I no longer have any role in the OOo
OK (actually, you don't need a role in OOo to organize a OOoCon, hence
> I do not believe that LibreOffice is one out of many others in the OOo
> derivatives. But we may disagree here :-)
I'm not saying LibreOffice does not stand out of the pack, I'm merely
observing that it will take until 2026 before OpenOffice.org and
LibreOffice have spent more than half of their development history as
separate entities... Code from the 1994 StarOffice is still being used!
> In any case, we're working towards having a LibreOffice Conference in
> 2011 in Paris. Hope to see you there!
Nice to know! Then let's hope we meet at both events, and that we manage
to see each other this time!
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|[libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon||Markus Franz <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon||public sector <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon||Andrea Pescetti <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon||"Charles-H. Schulz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Link to the Resource of current Icon Set
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] LO, TDF
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] The Libre Software Meeting (LSM or RMLL in French for Rencontres Mondiales du ,Logiciel Libre)