On Thursday, October 28, 2010 18:55:48 Ian wrote:
On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 11:21 -0500, Frank Esposito wrote:

[deleted]

It's a MS world on the desktop in most places but it's a world in which
MS is losing ground. If you look at the dominant computer technology and
the fastest growing (Cell phones) MSFT is nowhere but unfortunately
neither is LO/OOo :-(

But KOffice is!  So ODF is still strong on cell phones, and it's growing fast.
Nokia, the world's largest cell phone maker is putting in much money and
energy to get an ODF-capable free office application on their phones. I know
several other vendors that do the same, but I'm not allowed to talk about that
at this point.

so maybe we should concentrate on ODF benefits and then market towards
businesses who are still running MSO 2003 and  cannot afford the upgrade
and training to MSO 2007/2010 (which is considerable thanks to the
ribbon).

Or get a port of LO/OOo to cell phones!

Is that really possible?

        -Inge