From: Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com>
To: marketing@libreoffice.org
Sent: Tue, 4 January, 2011 6:42:19
Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [OT] Where's the product roadmap?

Le 2011-01-04 01:06, Sophie Gautier a écrit :

> If it can help, for the features list, I've ask that an issue is open
> each time a new feature is implemented, so I think we'll find a special
> tag on BZ, then we can retrieve a the new features very quickly and more
> often than now, where it only happens long after feature freeze.
> Also, I'll try to add details for the l10n/doc/marketing projects.
>
> So we should be able to have the beginning of the schedule (I'm going to
> put the one for 3.3 online today), with the feature freeze date, l10n
> hand off, etc, that should help to draw the roadmap for 3.4 and 3.x.
> In any case, Cor, if you need help, don't hesitate to ping me.
>
> Kind regards
> Sophie

Hi Sophie:

Thanks for doing this. I was going to ask on the dev list if there was some wasy
to automate all of this so that when a feature is implemented, it would be sent
to a file within the right category and dated. The less time we spend scanning
the list by hand the better. I went through the weekly reports again today and
thought that there must be a way to streamline the process.

I am not sure if this is possible. If it is, it would certainly make our jobs
that much easier.

Cheers

Marc