Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibO in Academia

On 20/10/10 21:33, Marc Paré wrote:

>> Perhaps create an extension (derived from Zotero?)
>> to use the LibO database
>> (biblio.odb) could be a compromise...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jacques
>>

> Yes we could ask that from an interested dev. Have any of you installed
> Zotero and are still using it? A friend of mine installed it and she
> found it too complicated to use.

What I have seen so far in Mendeley http://www.mendeley.com/ (which also
supossedly works with Zotero) looks really promising as a concept. It
integrates with OOo already and has a cloud for your articles, so that
you can access your research library from anywhere in cyberspace, and
various management features. That's the kind of thing that is needed. If
it was only free and not Kazaa/Skype financed it would be perfect.

martin

http://www.mendeley.com/#features