[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-marketing] Localized marketing mailing lists - based on regions rather than on languages
- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] Localized marketing mailing lists - based on regions rather than on languages
- From: Bernhard Dippold <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 20:46:30 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
(follow-up please on the marketing list...)
the US marketing list has been created to allow local marketing discussions, event preparation and coordination of marketing activities in northern America. At the moment Canadian marketing is coordinated on this list too, until these activities will be strong enough to establish a Canadian marketing list too.
Even if our general marketing has to be coordinated internationally, there are good reasons to establish dedicated lists for local or regional marketing teams:
- They can act and react according to the local conditions.
- They can coordinate local events.
- They can work with local journalists and contacts.
- They can talk to each other and in public in their own language.
While the last point could be achieved by language based marketing teams, the other three can be very different for marketing in different areas even though they speak the same language.
Please find out, if we can achieve our goals with the following approach:
1) Create Marketing lists for regions with common marketing interest.
2) Name these lists according to the ISO country code of the most active group inside this region.
3) If other groups in this marketing area based on a different country show as much activity to define the need for another marketing list, this list can be created later on.
4) Keep contact to the neighbors by have some people of the local teams subscribed to their lists.
5) Most of the languages are mainly spoken in one area only, so there is no need to differ between language and region. (In these cases ISO code for language and country are often the same)
Only for languages with wider spread localized activities we need to create different marketing lists. What I already thought of:
Language: Region: Main (most active) Country: List Name:
Portuguese: Portugal Portugal firstname.lastname@example.org
South America Brasil email@example.com
(with BrOffice might be firstname.lastname@example.org even better)
Spanish: South Western Europe Spain email@example.com
North/Middle America Mexico firstname.lastname@example.org
South America Argentina email@example.com
English: North America USA firstname.lastname@example.org
British Islands England email@example.com
Australia/Oceania Australia firstname.lastname@example.org
perhaps India India email@example.com
perhaps South Africa S. Africa firstname.lastname@example.org
German: Central Europe Germany email@example.com
I have no glue about Chinese and South Asian, Arabic or African languages. Their regional distribution might be localized or geographically dispersed - but with such an approach we could find a solution that fits most of the local marketing efforts.
To establish such a local mailing list, there should be a team interested in local marketing activities.
I didn't find to put this posting in the correct form to create a wiki page out of the content. If someone else could do, I'd be very happy.
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/marketing/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Will there be a press release about Oracle?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibO in Academia
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Canadian Marketing Team partners with US Marketing Team
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Official Presentation Template