Dear All,

I think it's hard to have consensus here, but we must not play with this
scheme so frivolously.

The next version due in early 2024 should be 8.0, and the next one on
mid-2024 should be 9.0 - this way we're going to always have an even number
in Winter and odd in Summer.

The 2nd digit should be used as a minor/bugfix release.

Within time we are going to reach big numbers, but our focus should be not
on numbers but on fresh/still branch and that users do upgrades reguraily,
report bugs if they are found and always 'in sync'.

Additionally, number 8 has huge marketing potential, so let's embrace it!
I think Italo would not object to this.

MZOL