I agree with Italo that changing to version 8 makes sense and that it is a
marketing decision. Office suite updates that become new version numbers
rarely include much in the way of ground breaking innovation and waiting
for some integration of some new 'ground breaking' feature does not make
sense. Nor does waiting for ODF1.4 which is not a change in some way unique
to LibreOffice. A new version can also be framed around the plan for that
new version. What huge changes are we going to make during version 8? It
does not have to be limited to what changes warranted a number change. I
think universal accessibility warrants a number change and makes for great
marketing.

Italo, the way people talk to you is not okay... know that you have the
respect of many/most community members who trust in your marketing
expertise. Many are quick to speak on a topic they have no formal training
in.

My 2 cents...

Cheers,
Jaron