First of, Italo Vignoli, thanks for the new marketing plan and the procedural schedule. This certainly puts me in a better mood in advance!
I'm prepared to go along with the idea of edition + banner.

However please don't use terminology charged with connotations.
Community Edition and Personal Edition are simply to problematic by itself (which illustrated in the sheets nicely)
Also "Edition" maybe also problematic.

So I personally would like to avoid those (Community/Personal, and maybe even Edition) We need to find something more neutral. Not having brilliant idea on the top of my head.
So hopefully someone else will come up with something.

Some attempts:
LibreOffice shipped by TDF.
LibreOffice TDF release.
LibreOffice distributed/compiled by TDF.
LibreOffice made possible by TDF.

Or if we want to hold on to Edition, as it makes the existence of variants more clear, maybe LibreOffice Libre Edition. Libre Edition doesn't mean anything. And everybody can read his or her interpretation of Libre in it (Free Software; Open Source). Yes, LibreOffice has Libre in it. However it doesn't sound that bad. And maybe some additional string in the about, like:
"This edition is supported by volunteers."
"This edition lacks professional support"
"This edition isn't professionally supported. Learn more about professional support, click here"

---
About the visibility of the 'Edition" branding. Can be in the Start Center (sidebar/ or art work) and About. Major requirement: it should blend with the dialogs (being 'natural' look). Not being intrusive: screaming bold black/or red letters with bad font taste (as initially) They artwork is always pretty nice, so let the designers design. Which blends in, but being still noticeable enough. I personally don't think the Title Bar should be touched. As it doesn't fit nicely on the task tray on Windows. And MacOS has non, I think.
Be maybe just me simply not used to it :-)

Regards,
Telesto