I have been receiving emails from one of the Chinese domain registries. Some company is trying to register LibreOffice-na.cn and most of the LibreOffice-na.com.cn - where "COM" is changes to ORG, NET, and others.

I have been told by the registry that this Chinese company is avid that they want to have all of the possible LibreOffice-NA domains and want that registry to force me to give up my LibreOffice-NA.US domain since it is their "company keyword" or trademark. Since I have had my domain for several years, and this Chinese company is just starting up - so I believe from the emails - so I have the "keyword" and "fair-use trademark".

SO, have anyone in this list know of any Chinese LibreOffice "company" wanting to use LibreOffice-NA as part of their domain?

I use it myself and it is a shortened name meaning the following:

LibreOffice-NA.US

LibreOffice - North America - in the USA.

I really like to know what is going on with the info I am getting from China stating that someone is trying to register my domain name and wanting me to give it up.

Currently, I am not doing much with that domain, but hope to have some add-ons for LibreOffice - like my specialized color palettes. I do have some palettes created, but they are not quite ready for full publishing. Also I need to remember where Win10 and Linux RPM "hides" the color palettes. I know where Linux DEB "hides" these files.

Tim L.

North America - USA -> New York -> Finger Lakes region -> Elmira.