Take the ideas from the German and English DVD projects and make it into "you own" version. I have had several people in non-English countries use my project's DVD setup as the foundation of their version. Of course they had to change the text to their native language[s]. By doing this, you get some of the "template" code already written for you. IT makes it much easier for others not needing to create everything from scratch. That is what I did when I changed to the current DVD format. I downloaded all of the styles and scripts from the LO web site - several main versions ago - and built my browser based DVD from there so it would look "similar" to the official LO site but with my own variations. I plan on doing a major over hall in the "near future", but I will have to write a lot of the template scripting myself, for what I want the new [ 4.4.x?} DVD look and feel.

Best of luck on your DVD.

I use Ubuntu and Linux Mint, plus Windows 7.
Liked Ubuntu 9.x better than the early version of openSUSE I tried on an old desktop/server box [back then].