Kracked_P_P---webmaster <webmaster@krackedpress.com> a écrit :
On 03/20/2014 08:04 PM, Dave Barton wrote:
I thought it may be of interest to know that on last Tuesday's (March
18, 2014) episode #447 of the "Security Now" podcast, LibreOffice got
surprise mention in a section about Microsoft's termination of
support
for Windows XP:

<Quote>
Also, Office exploits are a problem. I would drop Office and switch
over
to one of the open offices, and everyone says LibreOffice is the one.
Apparently it forked off of OpenOffice some time ago. And I guess Sun
or
Oracle got bored and decided, okay, fine, we're going to let go of
it.
So LibreOffice is the one you want.  And of course keep that current.
</Quote>

Video & audio: http://twit.tv/show/security-now/447
Transcript: https://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

I did not hear about that podcast show.

Nice to know that there are people out there that are willing to
mention
LO in a different environment or topic of discussion.

Of course, as sample "For me would be that now I will have to figure
out
how to "update" XP on rebuilt computers that had to go back to the
original XP SP1 or SP2.  Plus not having to pay for a new OS in the
process."  Of course I would have talked about LO and Linux.  LO for
the
free office suite and Linux for the free OS if there was not Windows
option and the user of the computer will not need to install anything.

SO XP updating would be the "different topic" there.

Nice indeed. We need more awareness on LibreOffice and security I think. Sometimes, in many
countries, this can be a definitive argument in favor of LibreOffice.

Thanks for reporting!

Charles.