On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
This event is already on our calendar as a possible, but I'd like to
give it a nudge.
SCALE 12X (12th annual Southern California Linux Expo), Feb. 21-23,
2014, Hilton Los Angeles Airport hotel. As the first-of-the-year
Linux/Open Source software expo in North America, SCALE 12X expects to
host more than 100 exhibitors this year, along with nearly 80
sessions, tutorials and special events. SCALE is a community run
open-source and free software conference held annually in Los Angeles.
Non-Profit & dotORG exhibitor opportunities are available.
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale12x

Any chance of someone running a booth there for LO/TDF? I can't go
next year, like I have the year and last year, unless TDF or someone
pays a ridiculously large sum of money to get me there from Australia.
It makes much more financial sense for a lesser amount to be spent
covering the expenses of 1 or (preferably) 2 people located in North
America. Joel Madero in San Diego, for example. Or even Robinson Tryon
in Vermont.

I'd be happy to talk with Joel and try to get him on board for SCALE
:-) I know that his school schedule is a bit busy, but it would be
great to have him representing us at an event such as this.

Contact for non-profit booth at SCALE is Gareth Greenaway,
gareth@socallinuxexpo.org
I've been dealing with him for years; he's very helpful. I'm happy to
make an initial booth booking and do as much coordination as I can
from Australia. Two banners are located in San Jose, CA, and various
people (including Tim, Robinson, and Joel) have brochures and perhaps
stickers.

Yes, I have brochures left. I got some stickers at the Milan
Conference, but I've given away a good number of them. Do we have any
more sticker stock stateside?

I can arrange for samples of the user guides to display. All
we really need are live bodies to be present and talk to people at the
booth. Oh, and each booth worker gets a free full pass so you can
attend talks and everything else.

I haven't heard if anyone has submitted a paper; that's a separate
matter but if TDF had a speaker, then having a booth as well would be
even more awesome.

Yes, indeed!

Cheers,
--R