Hello Klaus Jürgen,

Le Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:54:22 +0100,
K-J LibreOffice <k-j@libreoffice.org> a écrit :

Hi Charles, *,

Am 06.11.2013 16:56, schrieb Charles-H. Schulz:

[...]

What needs to be redesigned then falls under three categories:

* the "design" itself (understand: the theme, the general look of
the website)
* the content. We may  reuse some of it as there are certainly some
good bits available, but we will also reorganize the way we think
about the general presentation of the website. In this regard the
discussion about how to engage users  to the LibreOffice community
and the resulting survey that has just been launched will help on
this matter. But we obviously need to think about the landing page.
* while the technical bits themselves are not covered for this
specific aspect, we would need to think about the whole download
experience and the download page itself.

The branding [1] should this time - and not like the last time - not
be ignored.

Yes, absolutely.

Any branding changes (colour, logos, fonts) should be discussed by
design and marketing team / community before getting official.

Yup.

And: Every picture on web page should be available for everyone to
work on e.g. for documentation, stickers and other marketing stuff
(not like the last ones).

Understood.

Is there a timeline for the whole thing?

I'd like to have the site running in a final beta or RC version in a
separate VM for early January, which is soon but still not so panic
mode. The designer's position is open as you may have seen so we'll
have to make with this specific calendar.

Best,

Charles.

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder & Director, The Document Foundation,