2013/10/23 Charles-H. Schulz <charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org>:
Hello Zeki,
Hi Charles,
About ask.libreoffice.org it would be interesting to see how high is
the transfer from users asking questions to users becoming involved in
the community and not only staying on ask.libreoffice .

I don't think there is a technical way to track their involvement. The
best way is to ask the Ask.LibreOffice.org users that :) I think ask
portal must have a mass-mail function, we may use this i think. Btw,
Mass-mail can be used to improve the dynamics of the ask site. I think
we should not be afraid to scare or bore users with mass-mails. Not
frequent but friendly mails can keep the attention of the registered
users. Also we may use it to poke the users whose question waits an
unswer - or the given answer needs to be checked as correct.

Twitter, FB, Linkedin... All social platforms uses it very well, why
not our social platform? The key point is to prepare good messages.

On the Planet TDF -and at the risk of reopening an old thread- I think
we  could get even higher numbers and visits by making it truly
multilingual. Right now we only have the blogs that are in English, and
I think our most active contributors who may not write or blog in
English should be on it.

Combing many languages in a planet may not be good. I only know
English  as a foreing lang. like many others and seeing a mixed planet
will be not very meaningful for me :( .... But separating them into
sub-planets which can be easily reached from main planet(like a bar on
top) may be work imo and this may encourage local planets and
communities.

The actual need of the planet i think;

1- Encourage current residents to write more frequent... 30 of 51
residents has not written anything in last 50 days(or more) :( That's
not a pleasant number.
2- Increase the number of blogs aggregated. We have many devs and
contributors and i think they should share some interesting stuff y
spending a little time on blogging.

I know we cannot force ppl to write. Many people don't like to write
or has not a regular habit :)

Best regards,
Zeki