Great Idea (I've CC-ed QA because BugZilla is related to them)

On 17 May 2013 12:27, Zeki Bildirici <zeki@ozgurlukicin.com> wrote:

Hi,

You know social media is a very effective channel for getting people's
attention. Also it can be used a regular reminder/ping'er/poke'r for
communities.

So using the social media's advantages to increase the community's
attention on Ask.LibreOffice.org site and Bugzilla will be good imho.

We had used this method in Pardus GNU/Linux and it worked. After
asking to Florian for his advice that if is this possible to use this
channels for LibreOffice, i've creaed two twitter accounts.

The new accounts are:

LibreOffice Bugzilla:
https://twitter.com/LibreOfficeBugs

Ask.LibreOffice.org:
https://twitter.com/AskLibreOffice

I've connected ask site's new question feeds and bugzilla's new bug's
feeds to this accounts.

The goals of having this accounts are:

· To keep more attention on questions and bugs

· Make community contribution process more social

· To poke/ ping community’s members and asking for the minimum
contribution that can give constantly

· Spread the questions and bugs to their networks to find answers as
soon as possible which will increase the possibility find the person
whom has the answer

· Make our ask and bugzilla more open to the community and increase
the number of persons(not regular contributors)

Well, there is also reasons  under the “What current situation misses”
questions

· Having lots of bugzilla mails is not for ordinary community members,
people does not want their inbox is filled with bug mails which most
of them are not in interested. But twitter streams are different, it
comes and passes through no rubbish left there. Trying to confirm a
bug is generally a simple work to do, we can involve more people(other
than the regular bugbusters) to have with this feeds.

· Visiting ask site is not a practical exercise made every time, or
getting feeds from Google Reader is not practiced by everyone, but
most people use social media actively. This means more eyes will be on
ask and bug sites constantly.

· As said above, having constant attention for this sites are not
possible for passive contributors

· There is no chance to spread the questions through LibreOffice
related networks. But with this accounts, the followers will generate
a core LibreOffice network which will be feed through this accounts.

I hope that this accounts will help to decrease the unanswered
questions in the ask site(1.191 questions ~1/3 ) and activate more
members to help triage bugs  in bugzilla.

If you have a twitter account please follow and promote/announce this
accounts.

Of course the most important thing is the interest of community and
the will to became a part of this wonderful community to make
LibreOffice the best free Office suite ever.

Best regards,
Zeki

deleted