Le 10/05/13 12:42 PM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster a écrit :

"ODF is recommended by numerous governments and NGO's worldwide, with
Indonesia, the European Commission, and NATO amongst those who support
policies calling for ODF as the preferred document production, retention
and exchange format."

I like this "quote".
NATO - well the US and Canada are part of NATO - correct?

That means that the USA, when dealing with other NATO members should use
ODF for their documentation and other files.

Any more national and international organization can added to that list?

That may force MSO to do ODF better or just start thinking about using
an office package that does it better than MSO does.

I am a little vague on what is involved with the "European Commission",
like how many of the EU are part of it, etc..  But, it does imply that
countries in Europe support the ODF format[s].

Since LO uses ODF as their default format, we support the policies of
these worldwide organizations.  Since any Tech Adminknows that MS/MSO
have been sued by the EU many many times and MS/MSO have not complied
with many of those rulings that went against MS/MSO. If a company want
to do business with the EU, maybe you should keep that in mind when
talking about an office package that supports the policies set down by
the EU or the European Commission.

MS/MSO still hasnot complied with US courtrulings from the late '90's
and would rather pay the fines, which is "pocket change"to MS. The US
courts are starting to support fining and jail time for the top
administrators of companies that do not comply to the US Court rulings.
Maybe that will help get the US and EU court rulings to be complied with.

If what you are asking is "Do we know of any other organizations that could be added to this list?"

I have not heard of any.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com