Hi All,

As some of you know the QA team has started to make a new site (thanks to Florian :) ). The site will be on qa.libreoffice.org (currently not available to the public but we hope to go live this week).

I'm not sure if someone from marketing wants to do some kind of statement about this. The main goal for the page is to make a professional page where content which doesn't change often can be housed (ie. things outside of wiki which we use for things that change frequently). We as a team felt like it would be more professional and easier to navigate for new contributors if we created our own subpage on the qa.libreoffice.org url. Furthermore we wanted to give "shout outs" to members who have contributed a lot as a small token of our gratitude for their contributions to the project. The "QA Team" site will contain short bios and a photo of QA members which have demonstrated commitment to the project for some length of time and will continue contributing into the foreseeable future. These bios will be about the person, not about the project, this is to highlight the community as a whole (including our lives outside of LibreOffice).

Some other content that will be on the page is a general overview of QA work, how to's for things like our mailing list and #libreoffice-qa IRC channel, and OS specific content such as parallel installs on different OS' (required for triaging purposes), the SI-GUI for Windows (created by Florian) and links to tinderbox directories.

We hope to encourage new contributors to get involved and this will be our attempt to make a nice "launching site" for people thinking that they want to contribute to LibreOffice to get involved with QA.

If someone wants to tackle a short press release please let us know and if there are questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks all!

Joel