On 04/20/2013 04:11 AM, goldfish@aol.in wrote:
Hi,

I feel LibreOffice has much more value than competing products.

I find this very sad news: AICTE Makes Microsoft Office 365 Mandatory For Technical Colleges In India! - http://www.efytimes.com/e1/fullnews.asp?edid=104544

Could we please educate 'educational' institutions so that they have more value, save money and hopeful give back to LO.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul

Schools teach MSO since most businesses use MSO. The same with Windows OS. Well, businesses are needing more and more tech people with Linux abilities. So the MS stronghold of the operating systems of business is getting weaker since businesses need Linux OS more and more to run their businesses.

So, as more and more businesses make the move to LibreOffice over MSO, then there will be a need of experienced LO users. That will start making schools realize that to compete, they will need to teach courses that include LO.

We need to show that LibreOffice is gaining a foothold in the office suite market. National governments, regional [city] governments, and large businesses are switching to LO over MSO. So gathering a list of these major "switchers", and not just articles that would take time to read, would be a good start. If you can show a school, business, or local government, a list of these governments, businesses, and others, that have made the switch to LO, that can show a school that there is a market for trained LO users.

The more proof we have that LO is making inroads into the office suite, the more "help" we will have to show others that LO is a package that is growing and you should look into it to see why governments, businesses, and others are switching. With that proof of LO's growing market share, taken from MSO, schools should see that MSO is no longer the only office suite package that should be taught in their courses. I do not know if we can get them to have courses dedicated only to LO, but they should include it in their teaching about how to use office suites.

It will take time.