Hey Malte,

Thanks for the information. Hope everything is well with you guys :-) .

Best,
Charles.

Malte Timmermann <malte_timmermann@gmx.com> a écrit :

Now that I finally stumbled over this mail thread...

I wonder who the OOo devs could be? It would have been neat if they
had
contributed to the LibreOffice project.

I don't know who they exactly are but it is easy to speculate. It is
Easter time so we can search some Easter eggs. ;-)

Have a look for the former Release Manager of OpenOffice.org and the
actual Senior Product Manager of Open-Xchange and you will find one.
The
others are near by.

Some hints (in German): [1]

If you didn't find your Easter eggs yet - I guess Xing is a much better

tool than the article ;)

https://www.xing.com/companies/open-xchangegmbh/employees#history:https://www.xing.com/companies/open-xchangegmbh/employees?ajax=1&page=5

But that's not all of us - not all use Xing.

But I don't think that there is any interest to contribute, neither
from
the former OOo devs nor from Open-XChange, a former daughter of SUSE,
who are in the same building complex with the headquarter of SUSE
[2].
So it would be an easy way to take a cup of coffee, do a short walk
and
talk f2f.

As a side note - we are not in the same building.

The OpenOffice Team still is where the roots of OpenOffice started more

than 20 years ago - in Hamburg. Open-Xchange had launched a new
development site just for this team.

Why don't you think we are not interested in contributing?

Open-Xchange is an open source company. OX Text actually is open
source!

With OX Text there is nothing we could contribute to AOO/LO. Everything

is very different from OpenOffice, everything is written in Java and
JavaScript.

But for PDF we actually use OpenOffice as a conversion engine. We found

and fixed some bugs (still do), and we contribute back the patches to
both OpenOffice derivatives. If you see stuff coming from Sven Jacobi -

he is taking care for the Open-Xchange contributions to LO and AOO.

Best regards
Malte.

deleted