Le 2013-02-03 08:14, webmaster-Kracked_P_P a écrit :
On 02/02/2013 11:10 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2013-02-02 10:58, webmaster-Kracked_P_P a écrit :

At Walmart.com
Canon PIXMA MG5320 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Printer/Copier/Scanner
is about $90
It also prints onto inkjet DVDs, but it does not use the "gray" ink,
like the MG6220 does.
This might be a better option for some people.

It is much less the price that it shows on the Canon USA site.

Is the only difference the speed of print page?

Marc

I have not compared the specs. of the different Canon printers, but
found that there are more than one currently available models of Canon's
"photo all-in-one" printers that will print on a CD/DVD media. In this
category, you have MG8220, MG6320, MG5420 as well as the other ones. My
6220 seems not to be listed on their USA site at the moment.

The MG5320 does not use the "gray" ink cartridge that my 6220 does.

There are disc media printers in some of the other Canon printer
categories as well. You just have to look at their specs. A search on
the cd/dvd printing key words do not come up with all of them.

I did not buy the "MG8220" since I did not need the "Full HD Movie
Print" or the "35mm Film" options that added a large surcharge for those
options that I did not need.

For those who want to create a low volume of label printing, you can get
Canon printers that do this in a large range of prices and places that
do not have the Canon web site prices.

I have not looked at all of the Canon line for disc media printing, or
searched for these types of printers in every printer brand. I know you
can get Epson printers that do this. I have not found any new HP printer
that will though.

People have a choice of going to companies to create "professionally
copied and printed" DVD, but for the marketer that needs to make only a
few at a time, these companies may not be the best route.

Having a disc media printer does have its advantages. You can see the
label design on an actual DVD before you commit to it at a printing
company. If you want/need to hand out 2 or 3 "tomorrow", you will not
have to wait for an order from these companies. You just take a few
minutes to print the DVDs yourself. It takes more time to "burn" a DVD
than it takes to print the label.

The key, for me, is can it look professional from your printer. Nothing
saids unprofessional as a DVD that has a paper label or hand written in
marker. I give friends and family the marker type, sometimes, but I will
not hand them out to businesses.

I also prefer to use the "thin DVD movie cases" over jewel cases or
clam-shell ones.

I wonder, how long does the ink lasts once it is in the printer. Would one have to consider this into the cost scheme as well? Does the disc labelling printer ink need to be used by a certain date before the inkjet ink become unusable?

Also, does the grey color come in handy for disc labelling LibreOffice disks? I know that you have already produced some and I am not sure if you are saying that the TDF/LibreOffice does not need any grey ... although it looks to me like it does need grey for the TDF part of the subline.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com