Hi Björn, *,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> wrote:

[forum launch needs to be well prepared]
I would assume a launch in 3-6 month to
be the earliest realistic timeframe.

While I totally agree that some preparations are still necessary, I'm
not that reserved about the timeframe. The technical part is ready,
what is missing is the social/communication part.

== We need a squad ==

I fully agree. And this is where the problem starts :-)
While there have been people requesting a forum every once in a while,
there is a lack of someone coordinating the efforts (so thank you very
much for bringing this up)

We should see that we find moderators being able to cover at least these topics:
[...]

Yes, there have been people volunteering to be moderator, but I didn't
keep record how many people did raise their hand/whether it was always
the same three people who did :-)

As a start, I created
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Forum-planning
(but don't misunderstand, I'm not volunteering to take care of
coordinating this, I just created a page so someone who does want to
do has someplace to start with)

== Who wants to champion this? ==

Big question, I only know "I don't want to do it" :-)
I'm fine with covering the technical aspects, but the organizing
moderators/deciding about initial set of categories, etc. needs to be
someone else :-)

So right now we need someone to push this topic forward -- that is: collects
the team, and runs some regular meetings on IRC or elsewhere with it to keep
them on track and keeps everyone motivated and onboard. I can help out with
this, but I dont think I can lead this, so the question is: Who will?

Yes, that's the question of the day :-)

If this sounds like your cup of tea, or know someone who might be
suited and willing to take care of driving this, please "grab" that
task by adding yourself to the wikipage (
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Forum-planning ) and get things
rolling..

ciao
Christian