On 08/17/2012 01:39 AM, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote:
Hi Tim,
Am 17.08.2012 00:41, schrieb webmaster-Kracked_P_P:

[...]

Sounds like a spamming advertisement.
What do you want to tell?
Do you need a libo-business card? A design for it?
Is it a motivation mail?

Yes, I have a business card for LibreOffice promotion.
I have a promotional DVD, and brochures.
Check out the link before for how you can download them freely.

I have given out hundreds of LibreOffice NA-DVDs to friends, family, and business people I know. This email was stating that you can accidentally overlook a person/business when marketing LibreOffice to your community. I realized yesterday that I over looked a lawyer I use once in a while. I am going to remedy that today.

I choose to hand out DVDs to those people I want to promote LO to. This way, they do not need to go online and spend time downloading the package[s] they might need. Some business users, like a lawyer's office, would have some of their computers offline for security reasons. This is a fact. So if they want to install LO on one of those system, to try it out, they would have to download the software, then use some method to get the package on that computer before they can install LO. With a DVD in hand, they will not need to do anything else but use it with that offline system.

http://libreoffice-na.us/

The LibreOffice North American Community DVD Project currently has an ISO file version for downloading. This is 3.8 GB in size and currently is for 3.5.5. The web site version of the DVD currently has the 3.5.6 installs. In a few weeks, when I get a connection issue fixed, I will upload the 3.5.6 version ISO file to LO's server for downloading.

With the availability of an ISO file to download and burn, you can have a copy of the NA-DVD to use for yourself or to modify for your own DVD handout. Some people have told me that they are using the NA-DVD as a basis for their handout. A Windows and MacOSX version of the DVD was handed out a show, or so I have been told. The "normal" DVD is for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux.