Ok, lets say that when people encounter a blocker of a problem maybe nearly as many as 1% bother to
complain and the rest just check the download in the bin and tell their friends that LO "just isn't
ready yet".

Lets also say that of 100 downloads 90% are from people that already use LO for their own
machine(s).  Sometimes they stuff it up and have to download again.  Often people download for each
and every machine rather than re-using the one they already downloaded.  Sometimes they go back to
previous versions and then another day re-download to try again.  Of the remaining 10% lets say 9%
are LO users that make a Cd/Dvd or Usb or just copy directly to  give LO to friends who never get
around to install that weird LO thing.

We can all invent our own sets of figures and try to justify our guesses based on "studies" done
for completely unrelated things.