On 05/05/2012, at 4:29, Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier+libreoffice@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi *,

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
I just received a printed copy of the LibreOffice 3.4 Getting Started
book from Lulu.com. Wow, the cover looks good on the real book! :-D
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/libreoffice-34-getting-started/12820113

Interior's not bad, either. For the printed copies, I reduced the page
size to 6x9, which seems to work well although the text font is almost
too small and the interior (binding edge) margin is a bit too narrow.

A sans-serif font is used for the body text. Is that intentional?

I find serif fonts much easier to read on paper. (I love the look of
Gentium - unfortunately it doesn't look as well on screen as it does
on paper..)

ciao
Christian
PS: only subscribed to the marketing list

Sans serif was chosen for the PDF version, which is primarily intended for onscreen reading. The
printed books use the same PDF because this is the most efficient way to produce them. Changing the
font for the printed version causes other, unwanted changes such as page breaks and means another
round of QA on the books.

Jean