Le 2012-04-25 08:16, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hi Marc,

Marc Paré wrote on 2012-04-25 03:26:

Could we have a list of topics/agenda to be discussed at the next
marketing meeting? It looks like you wanted Italo there for a specific
reason. We could plan one for the month of May.

there was no fixed agenda, but what I really would like to work on is
building a marketeer network. Had that as a plan for a while already,
but so far didn't manage to work on this - I guess, however, it becomes
more and more important.

BTW ... at one point we had talked of a regular monthly meeting. I
believe we had settled on meeting monthly on the second Tuesday of every
month with the time being settled with a doodle survey. We could try to

IIRC, we tried that, but the common wish was to choose individually per
call, rather than having a fixed time.

What I'd be interested in is why so less people are interested in
joining. Missing agenda, no time, or are calls the wrong way to
communicate?

Florian

My personal opinion on all of this is that there should be plans for short term goals and long term goals to help create an effective marketing group. Short term goals are always comforting for newer members to the marketing team. Long term goals are usually based on a more organized and cooperative effort by all members. We do have a "Work Items" wiki page[1] but it does not seem to have seen much action lately.

I also think that an agenda should published prior to the meeting so that marketing members can come to meetings well prepared. This seemed to work quite well previously.

Marketing meetings should occur on a regular basis so that people can familiarize themselves with regular marketing members as well as to help with team building. Maybe then, the marketing list will see a little more discussion and completed work items.

I still think that voice calls are still the best way to meet, IRC is good as complementary tool.