On Wed, 2012-03-14 at 15:16 -0400, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
I was thinking that since it was a LO poster for a LO table "fest", it
would be nice if the file used to create the poster would be shared.

I have no trouble creating a poster for things I am dealing with, but
there are some North American events coming soon, with April 28-29 being
the LinuxFest Northwest 2012.  I bet they could use as many marketing
poster ideas as we can provide them.

I know that locally the 6 foot by 30 inch "LibreOffice" banner cost
about $75, and the one shown in the linked photo would be about half
that [hopefully].

I know the price of that 6 foot banner since I am working on a design
for a local organization and we were quoted that if we provide the PDF file.

It would be nice to share the files [in standard formats] so every
region that has these shows where LO could get a booth/table, can have
similar materials, posters, banners, etc., for their use.

I have asked on the website list about how to get a 3.4.5 DVD label
design shown there.  I think if the designers of the labels, brochures,
fliers, posters, banners, and other marketing items shared their
creations, we would have a large marketing resource.

I would really like to see a tri-fold brochure, or flier, that was
geared towards the school and university students.  Get them while they
are young.  Get schools to look at LO as an alternative to buying MSO
for all their systems.  Give the parents an option instead of buying MSO
for their kid's laptops when they send them on to the colleges and
universities.

Most schools, locally, are switching off MSO - and onto Google Docs
(Apps really).

The more marketing materials we have to access locally, the better we
can be.

Yes - only speaking for myself, I've been falling down on that.

Yes Drew,
I most likely could make a version of the poster in the photo, if I
could read the text and use some translation package to see what it
saids, but it would be better to just download it from our marketing pages.

I agree.

Well, I sent a translation along - and I plan to draft a poster
also...will send email when that is on the wiki.

//drew