Hello,

Adriano Afonso wrote on 2012-02-02 19:30:

I know, as also a bit designer, the logos aren't to be modified, but I
come this way to ask you if I can made a modification for the Portuguese
community. You probably dont know but the Portuguese people like to have
sometings of there own, whit they can identify themselves.
The logo I modified is at the Portuguese wiki
[http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Main_Page/pt] and the direct link is
here [http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficePT.png]

thank you very much for asking this, that's really appreciated!

My first impression and gut feeling tells me that per se, the trademark policy does not permit such a modification, but we of course cannot grant that on an individual basis.

I thin the embedded graphic indeed massively changes the look and feel, since it's very "strong" and "promiment". Therefore, should we agree on the modification, I would only do it for the version without "The Document Foundation" tagline, but not for the "official" logo with the tagline.

I'm no designer, but I feel a "not so intruding" change would be better anyways, since I don't think this logo is suitable for print. :-)

What do others think?

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108