Hello Adriano,

2012/2/2 Fabian Rodriguez <magicfab@member.fsf.org>

On 12-02-02 01:30 PM, Adriano Afonso wrote:
Hello there

If you where @ the LibreOffice Conference you may remember me, Im
Adriano Afonso.
I've started the Portuguese LibreOffice Community, and now its time to
do some steps forward.

I know, as also a bit designer, the logos aren't to be modified, but I
come this way to ask you if I can made a modification for the Portuguese
community. You probably dont know but the Portuguese people like to have
sometings of there own, whit they can identify themselves.
The logo I modified is at the Portuguese wiki
[http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Main_Page/pt] and the direct link is
here [http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficePT.png]

I used a Rooster of Barcelos, an very well known Portuguese symbol and
legend, like a mascot to our community.

I came here to ask you if is there any problem whit that, and if I can
use this as official logo of the Portuguese LibreOffice Community (just
need your acceptance).

Hello Adriano

The guidelines for using the logo are here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Logo_Policy

According to such guidelines you should not use the "The Document
Foundation" subtitle in your logo.

You shouldn't change the logo itself either, see the 5th example here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Guidelines_and_Best_Practices

So unfortunately it seems your logo shouldn't be used as is.

I think this case should be discussed: Adriano, you are the first to make
this specific request but certainly not the last :-)
My personal opinion (I guess at some point the BoD will have to deliver an
official opinion on this): don't use the Document Foundation subline, but
you can customize the LibreOffice logo, as it is part of the LibreOffice
project (you and the PT team work within the LibreOffice project with an
official URL, etc.) However it is also important to avoid country specific
mentions, etc. But in this case I think you worked it out nicely.

Best,
Charles-H. Schulz.