Le 2012-01-20 13:05, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hello,

as pointed out on http://www.mail-archive.com/marketing@global.libreoffice.org/msg04687.html we plan to host a marketing confcall this month.

I will close the poll this Sunday, so please cast your vote soon should you be interested to join.

Florian

A belated happy new year to all. I am still around but a little less due to health issues. I should be able to attend the confcall that at any time you pick.

Issues that I would consider important to discuss at some point:

* IMPORTANT! -- There should also be talk of some members of the SC attending larger conference(s) here in the US. Last year, Florian and Italo came to a conference but apparently there was talk that they should have come to a more influential dev conference a month or so later. I cannot remember the name of the larger conference, but it should be in the archives as this was discussed last year. We need more N.American dev presence altogether and we also need more N.American membership presence in every other section of LibreOffice to give N.Americans a better sense of product ownership. The same could be said for S.American presence -- except for our marvellous Brazilian members.

* We really need to find ways to penetrate the N.American markets in a ways that are longer lasting rather than have some "temporary market presence" and then disappearing altogether.

* Another issue that the marketing team should look into is how to promote LibreOffice community growth. We need to find strategies to market not only the product but also the community. Strategies with the objective of getting a participating membership so that we do not constantly draw help from the same established members spreading ourselves too thin. Perhaps this could be up for discussion at another meeting specifically dealing with this.

* My "pet complaint", get the wiki WYSIWYG working so that "newbies" are able to work the wiki with the smallest amount of learning curve possible. I suggested at some point that the TDF could pick up the development of the WYSIWYG module as one of its products. I believe a gamer group is spearheading the development of the module, but we could probably do a better job at getting devs interested in making it work properly. People working on the LibreOffice wiki do so when they have time but we would probably get more people helping out if they had a WYSIWYG editor. Some of us would love to just go around and help organise the wiki, but don't have time to learn wiki programming and, as I suggested in an early post, it is ironic that we pride ourselves on making the best WYSIWYG word processor but run our wiki on a non-WYSIWYG editor.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com
parEntreprise.com Supportshttp://www.LibreOffice.org