What I really was thinking about is a more detailed comparison list.

This list would have things like
read/write .docx files
able to use JPEG 2000 image files
edits PDF files
list of popular formal types
list of transition effects for Impress vs PowerPoint

and things like that for each module of LO vs MSO and other office packages. Give details of the capabilities of LO and what it is comparing to. The lists in the link below is not detailed enough. Also it states there is not image viewer for LO. I thought Draw was a viewer and editor.

It is nice to have some simple package comparisons, but more and more users are concerned with specific details about it LO or any other free package can do the specific type of work they need to do. That include file types for read/writing, importing of various image files, formulas and macros, etc., etc.. This list would show that LO exports to PDF directly, which MSO did not do the last time I used it.

The idea of cross platform use - Windows, Mac, Linux OSs - is nice, but since more people will be concerned with Windows-only operation, it needs lists of operation functions, and other things that is needed by their day to day work needs. Specifics.

The linked list is a start, but having a side by side function comparison between Writer and Word, Calc and Excel, etc., is needed.