I received an email today. It looks like OOo based IBM Symphony wants my opinion on how good it is.

Since Symphony is based on OOo's code and now OOo is now a product of the group that created Apache, it may be that the next OOo will be coming out soon, or IBM did not wait and just did their own updating. Maybe they decided to take some of LO's coding instead of OOo's?

I could be wrong, but why else would I get an email after all this time asking me how I like Symphony?

Still, I am a LibreOffice user and do not think I will switch in the foreseeable future, unless the programmers of LO goes on strike or something. Oh wait, the cannot strike since they are all volunteers and dedicated volunteers never would do anything like "striking". They would just make a new fork. I doubt that would happen with the way the people who are in control are so positive and want to help the programmers, marketers, and users as much as possible, unlike some open-source groups I have dealt with.

So, maybe someone might want to look at Symphony and see what they have to offer. Then we can have information about OOo and Symphony compared to LibreOffice. That way we can say how much better LO is and have "proof" based upon the other package's performance info.

I still think we need a check list chart comparing LO with all of the other open-source office suites, plus MS Office. That way the marketers can have the info in the style that people are use to. Most package web sites have check lists showing what each version has compared to the others that they offer. MSO has one for its product line of office suites. It would be nice to see one created and maintained for LibreOffice.