On 10/19/2011 09:39 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

In some related articles, "experts" looked at that is currently in the
"secure boot" "option" and they have concern about what happens if MS
controls the keys - like current plan - and hardware OEMs do not want
to pay the "bribe" monies to MS to include their hardware in the
accepted list.  If you buy a new video card or a new SATA controller
or drive that is not registered with MS, that expert[s] feel that the
secure boot system will not allow the computer to boot at all.  I
still run across hardware that are not MS registered and I get nasty
pop-ups warning me about installing the device and drivers since it is
not "MS approved".  I still can install it, with hassle, but what will
happen if I get this on a secure booted system.  Sorry the company did
not pay the bribe and so you cannot use it.  Then there are the new
stuff that comes out after the computer is built.  Even if they
"register" with MS, there is no way to allow the system to boot with
that newer hardware without a firmware upgrade.  I had one of those go
bad with a router.  I had to through it out since it would never work
again.
[...]

This is already being done by manufacturers:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-Compaq-Slate/104-Unsupported-wireless-network-device-detected/td-p/1152612

Secure Boot is only a way for every one of them to agree on a standard,
massive way of doing this.

F.

Fabián Rodríguez