The Extremadura Regional Government in Spain have just announced a new release of their distro,
"LinEx", designed for deployment in government offices and educational institutions in the
province.

By using a modified Debian distribution, the Extremadura Regional Government has benefited from the
fact that there is a large amount of varied software for it.

I got the announcement at DistroWatch where it is still on their front-page
http://distrowatch.com/
and the specifically LinEx page tells us that LibreOffice is their default Office Suite now.
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linex

I'm not sure how widely used it is even in the State/Province.  I think the Spanish government is
split into 5(?) States/Provinces in much the same way as the US.  In England we only have 1
although i guess Wales, Scotland and Ireland have kinda sub-governments with limited powers which
is an improvement on the way it used to be (imo) when they had none but it could still be improved
(unless you prefer centralisation, of course, but that's not really an argument for these lists).

Anyway, it's great to see at least 1 of the Provinces/States of Spain using LibreOffice :)