On 08/17/2011 02:21 PM, Warren Camilleri wrote:
Hi Ian,

Sadly no, i am not related to Joe Camilleri, especially since i was born a decade later... i would like to look into the EQF and possibly push for FOSS in schools, should any one would like to partake in this namely as the most FOSS friendly Office suite is Libreoffice, kindly advise me, so that would discuss further and possible draw up plans and presentation keynotes so we could pitch to educational boards, and educational institutes, and it would be great if some one would be able to post "Case Studies" with a recommendation from that organization so that we could show those that are still weary of making the switch.

I was told for Schools, I would have to go through a lot first, then present it to the School board. The whole process can take over a year or two between the initial presentation "that there is a better and cheaper way for doing the work", to the Board Presentation, to the Board decision. This is for schools in New York State, USA.

Getting board members to see the advantage is one thing, but you need political clout to get anything to be discussed by my local school board, even if you can prove you can save them big money, or want to donate money to the schools.