I thought the various Dvd projects just stored their work online so that many
people could contribute to their project.  I thought the aim was to have
something that could be downloaded and burned to Dvd fro distribution where
internet might not be available (amongst other reasons).  I had forgotten about
the German Dvd which has been excellent for years apparently.