On 08/12/2011 10:52 AM, Rajesh Sankar R wrote:
Hello Friends,
      I am really sorry for the brake that I had. Met with an accident and
just now recovering. I wanted to start a DVD project for India release just
before I last disappeared, and now I want to continue it. Can you please
tell me how to start and go about it?

Feel free to contact me for information.

I am the host for the North American Community DVD project
at http://libreoffice-na.us/

We are also working on a version being hosted by the LibreOfficeBox people in Germany on a CMS system
at http://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org/

If you would like, we can figure out a way for you to get all the files from the LibreOffice-NA.US site that you might want for your DVD project.

One person questioned why a DVD instead of a CD. I assume that you want to have the Windows, Linux, and Mac, version of LibreOffice on your media, plus documentation, dictionaries, localized language packs, and anything else that your user base would want or need while using LibreOffice. That is what the NA DVD was based upon, what we though would be wanted/needed by our community of users.

Since you are in India, you will want to decide the languages you want to write your instructions in. For our DVD we started with English, but we are working towards Spanish and French version in the future, since those are the three major languages in our region of the world. Yours languages will be a different group, but I would think there are a percentage of people who may want to have English as one of the secondary languages, while one or more of India's languages would be the primary ones used.

Documentation for LibreOffice is currently in English, and it looks like in a few months that all parts of LibreOffice will have documentation online. So if you have people who would need non-English documentation, you might talk to the documentation writers about how someone goes about translating the current English documents to your needed local language[s].

If I remember you, from earlier questions, LibreOffice has language packs and dictionaries that would work for many of your users. That is always a great place to start.

To be honest, I started creating DVDs to hand out to friends and family with all the software and documentation they would need for their computer use. That would be and Office Package, Browser and Email clients, and any other open source and free software I could find that they would use. Then, people in Germany created the first "beta" version of their distribution DVD, so I got involved in taking what that did and making something like it for the English speaking people. Theirs was in German. After that, it went and became a full fledged Community DVD project.

To be honest, you should have people helping you edit your work and help to make it the best work that you can do. More eyes on the work find more of the potential errors and issues that may develop while you create you DVD project.

So if you would like more info, or other resources, let me know on or off the list.
Tim L.
Elmira, New York, USA.