On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 17:48 +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hi,

since I am - as usual :-) - swamped with work: Is there anyone
volunteering to organize and coordinate the voicovers?

What's important to me is that the speaker's time is not wasted, i.e.
that we come up with a concrete plan on where and how to use those
files, e.g. in videos or the like.

Darn you and your logic..yes it makes sense to put the horse before the
carriage.

Hi Florian,

The idea which intrigues me the most is that of the official tutorial or
educational video. Right in this area I would also put the idea of
augmenting our on-line help with brief video spots perhaps.

If anything along these lines gets rolling I would expect one would want
a standard, branding, either as an opening or closing or both. The
question comes to mind then, would that be a branding in a single
language or would your simply have a standard text.

Anyway - there is I think some room for promotional type vid's also..but
there is more value in the education pieces for sure.

I'm not sure how best to help these ideas along.

On the one hand we could try to map out an educational video project. We
could start a page with maybe some ideas for a series of promotional
type videos also.

We could maybe just start with a concrete plan for these branding
components.

Let's just look at an official opening and closing/credits sequence.

This would have a visual component and audio component.

I think the best way to proceed would be:

Generate a set of video files, minus audio tracks, for the opening and
closing sequences.

For the voice component of the sequences:

Generate the English copy, as text.

Create a reference audio track, in English, from this text.

Generate appropriate sub-title source file for this audio track/video
sequence.

Decide on where to store this set of files, the formats required and
who/how they can be used.

hmm that's it for an off the top of the head thought.

Best wishes,

//drew