I think the more complicated it is to guess at which release are "enterprise
ready" and which are "for early adopters" then the more likely the corporate
boys are to avoid LO entirely.

The way Ubuntu does it by having a regular LTS release every 2 years with 6
monthly releases inbetween makes it very clear.  I'm not sure it would work with
LO since releases necessarily happen vastly faster than that.

Couldn't the advanced features  that have proven to be stable in the 3.4.x line
be added to the 3.3.x line?  Then it would be easy for non-devs to understand.