To get the ISO files onto the LibreOffice servers, I would have to have a FTP account, since that is the only way I know of that I can upload such a large file anywhere. I do not think "they" will offer me one, even to a 1-folder account made for that purpose only.

As for your "unlimited" statement, well I have unlimited bandwidth/traffic and 100 GB of file storage on my hosting account. The problem is no hosting, or file sharing, account I can find will allow the uploading of a DVD size file. I have tried Rapidshare and others like it, but no one will allow such a large file size to be uploaded onto their servers.

I agree with you. We need to get the ISOs online for people to download and burn for their own use. The LibreOfficebox.org site has a CMS system and our 3.3.3 Windows-Linux-Mac pages are being re-created/re-edited to fit their system. Then, so I have been told, that system will "automatically" create an ISO file which will be accessible for download. That will be done in mid-August, hopefully. That site has different formatting constraints so the pages on that system and its generated ISOs will look a little different but will have the same information.

It would be nice to have a place for others to "show off" their version of a distribution DVD, without needing to create them with the CMS system, but right now I do not know of a place who will host these .iso files. Right now I have 4 DVDs ready for uploading their .iso files for sharing. Hopefully be late August, a version of these DVDs will be found through the CMS system LibreOffice has at the LibreOfficebox.org project.

But it would be wonderful to have the DVDs that the North American Community DVD project has created outside of the CMS system. We have done a lot of hours of work on them. They are "finished" except for the updating of the files as they become available. The DVD was started just before 3.3.1 came out. The the 4 main French dictionaries have been updated twice since then, along with some of the German and others. The documentation page has been updated every time I see another .odt/.pdf "book" has become available. When the 3.4.x line came out, it was added as a separate set of DVDs [Windows-Linux-Mac, and Windows-only]. We are working on Spanish and French translation of the DVDs, but it look like they will not be finished for a bit and will be offered off of the CMS system, and not the LibreOffice-NA-US <http://libreoffice-na.us/> testing portal site that I host on my hosting provider account.

-------------

If you want to see what files are in the ISO file of one of our DVDs, go to http://libreoffice-na.us/ and look at the 3.3.x and the 3.4.x options. The links in their pages shows what is in the DVDs, since that testing portal is the online version of the DVD[s] with all the same files and folders. The Wiki for the DVD is not up-to-date.

For those who need the complete file list of one of our current DVDs, as Simos asked for, here is a link to a PDF file with the "dir/s" "piped" listing of the contents of the 3.3.3 Windows-Linux-Mac DVD that is shown in the pages at http://libreoffice-na.us/English/index.html

http://libreoffice-na.us/dvd__3.3.3__file-list.pdf

It is 33 landscape pages. The DOS listing has issues with some of the characters in the Spanish dictionary listings. If it is not shown on the US English keyboard, the DOS dir command uses a special "?" character as a replacement. There are 1024 files and folders [according to the properties command].

I have listed the dictionary section .oxt files with the date[s] of the internal .dic file[s] or other file that is the information used by LibreOffice to do the spell checking and other work. For the 4 main French dictionaries, the .dic files are dated; version 4.0 - 2010-08-01, version 4.1 - 2011-03-27, and version 4.2 - 2011-07-04 for the last update. Some .dic files in the dictionary list are as old as 2003, while most seem to be 2008 or newer.

Let me know if there is something you need to know about that file list.

Simos - if you wish to discuss something off the list you can use the following email addresses;
webmaster@krackedpress.com
         the email used for this list [my Kracked Press Productions is a
         closed for business since I had to "retire" after a stroke]

webmaster@libreoffice-na.us
         the webmaster email for the testing portal.