I tend to agree with your sentiment about StarOffice, but not for the
boilerplate. The one proposed here is about as long as it should be and I
support it.

{Terse? Mobile!}
On Jun 30, 2011 8:29 AM, "Tom Davies" <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Hi :)

I am happy with not mentioning Star Office but i still think that not
mentioning
it misses an opportunity
1) to show how old and established LO really is
2) to show that forking can lead to success
3) that this latest break is not so unusual.
Just as the break away from Star Office led OpenOffice into a new and far
more
powerful position it implies the LibreOffice will similarly be able to
crank it
up to the next level. It says that LibreOffice is likely to be to
OpenOffice
what OpenOffice was/is to Star Office. To infinity and beyond!! It shows
the
break in a far more positive way. However we definitely should not
over-play
it. A discrete mention of the name in a list, as in
"TDF will protect past investments by building on the achievements of the
first
decade with OpenOffice.org (and Star Office before that), will encourage
wide
participation within the community, and will co-ordinate activity across
the
community."

However, as i said, i'm happy either way and more to the point it's not my

decision. I guess the sentence scans better without it.