Hi Tim,
   I would surely try and produce a dictionary of my own. Thanks for the zip
files :)

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 7:07 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <
webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:

Actually, the dictionary list did not have en_GB there when we started,
since the OOo dictionary list did not have one.  I found it only a few weeks
ago and added it to the NA dictionary list.

I just checked.  OOo's list still does not have en_GB, but they have:
----------------
1] Engligh                         Chemistry Dictionary
2] English                          English dictionaries with fixed dash
handling and new ligature and phonetic suggestion support
3] English (Australian)        English Australian Dictionary
4] English (Canadian)         Canadian English Spell Checking, Hyphenation
and Thesaurus
5] English (New Zealand)    English New Zealand Dictionary
6] English (South African)   South African English spell checking
dictionary
7] English (US)                  US English Spell Checking Dictionary

------------------------------**------------------------------**
--------------------------

NA has:
---------

1 ] English (Australian)           English Australian Dictionary
2 ]                                       Australian-medical-dict---en-**
au-med____2008-07-01
3 ] English (Canadian)           Canadian English Spell Checking,
Hyphenation and Thesaurus
4*] English (Great Britain)      English-British en-GB-oed 2005-06-13
5 ] English (New Zealand)      English New Zealand Dictionary
6 ] English (South African)     South African English spell checking
dictionary
7 ] English (US)                    US English Spell Checking Dictionary
8*]                                       US English with a .dic file dated
April 19 2011
9*]                                       English-US-Medical-**
openmedspel____April-22-2008
                                                            Chemistry
Dictionary  over 105,000 words

10] Multi localized version Australian, Canadian, Great Britain, New
Zealand, US
    English dictionaries with fixed dash handling and new  ligature and
phonetic suggestion support -- 2010-02-15 thru 2010-03-09
    contains words from the following dictionaries, etc.:
              en_AU, en_CA, en_GB, en_US, en_ZA, hyphen_GB, hyphen_US,
thesaurus_GB/US

* - not found on the OOo dictionary list.

------------------------------**------------------------------**
-------------------

I would like to show the date of the dictionary .dic file with the
dictionary information showing which one is the most up-to-date.  The
default English dictionary files[s] is several years old.  I found a .dic
file from this year so I created a updated one that could be used.

English (Great Britain)      English-British en-GB-oed 2005-06-13

This en_GB dictionary has it's .dic file [i.e. word list] dated for June
2005.  There must be a word list out there that is more up-to-date.  I did
find an unabridge dictionary word list that has about 213,550 words in it. I
have not looked at it to see if they made sure the words that "must" begin
with a capital letter is capitalized.  I also have word lists with common
sir names and a few that have only male and female names in them.  I have
one that has Bible words and another one with movie character names, actor's
names, etc., etc..

It would be nice to produce our own dictionaries with word lists that are
not currently covered.  I wonder how many people would want one that has
words, and maybe names, that are in the Christian Bible?  Many of those
words are not part of the modern English language, since the most common
versions of the Bible has language used before 1600, I believe.  It would be
mice to have a word list that is for other Science areas instead of just
Chemistry.  I know that there was a person looking for Science related
dictionaries, a few months ago.  Besides Chemistry and Medical ones, Latin
was the only other one that could be Science based, or used in Science.

I do have a US English names .oxt file that was produced a few years ago.
 It was dated October 2008, but "common" names do not change much or many
new ones.  Of course, my last name is not in the list, or any of the common
variations of it.  Maybe it is just Great Britain origin, not ones that have
[other?] European origins.