2011/6/8 Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>

Hi,

Simon Phipps wrote on 2011-06-08 15.31:

 If I had to invent something, it would be along the lines of a
Communications Working Group that was open to membership from anyone who
would agree to its rules (confidentiality until release, have media
training, communicate only the group consensus as TDF's position, for
example). I would then use the mail alias of that Working Group as the press
contact on any releases, and have the most qualified member pick up each
inbound request.

maybe this makes it a bit more clear:

For the TDF as (soon to be) legal entity, we need a few named people who
are allowed to speak on behalf of the entity. I am open to anyone joining
the group who is qualified, but I would propose indeed we make a media
training first for those people. Either face to face in Paris, or for those
who cannot attend, via Skype/phone.

Are qualified people members, founder members, or something else?

For LibreOffice as a project and community, and not TDF as legal entity, I
am currently working on having a marketeer network, with dedicated contact
people in various countries. I've talked about that during the latest
marketing conference call, and also presented this to the lists already. I
would like to have several contact people in each country, who are
resonsible for press contacts, drafting and translating PRs and the like.

Does that sound like what people have in mind?

For me, it seems fine also.

Florian

Cheers

--