On 06/07/2011 05:34 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Hopefully Jean's answer at the top, just under this reply, might have the
answer.
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)

Thanks, I am not on the Documentation list.

Chapter 3, Page 22-23

I missed that, but I was going through the full book of 0200WG3-WriterGuide.odt.

What I want to describe to the IT people and the Language teachers is how the students can use LibreOffice to type up and spell check their assignments. They may have English and Spanish/French/German, which ever language they are studying, in the same document. I wanted to show them that they can easily do the spell checking in several languages in the same document. As far as I can tell, you cannot do this in MSO.

I want the local schools to have LibreOffice as an option for their computers, and have the students be able to download a copy for their home computers. I would love to have the language teachers tell their students about LibreOffice, but I need to somehow get the message to the students about LibreOffice as their option over having to deal with MSO. How may of these students will be asking for new computers so they would have LibreOffice for free instead of buying a copy of MSO for that new computer. It is too late to start a campaign for those students going to college this summer/fall.

On the page
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/LibreOffice_In_Academia
we need to get more info there about using the package for grades 7-12, not just college level students. There should be more info, like the multi-language option for the student taking language classes. New York requires two years of non-English language classes to be able to graduate.